• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

Re: spring 2013 rumors

#237945 1 year, 6 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
mr. nobody wrote:
Ha Ha Ha! Love all the speculating! Of course there will be no announcement until they've either sold out Broomfield or the shows begin. That's just good business sense. CO will be fun for sure and since anything can happen daily sure, they might be the LAST SHOWS EVER!! But seriously- there's still time for a May theater run in May and THEN a summer tour including festivals, then the west coast fall run (wished they moved that earlier, not harvest season). It's fun to guess but not despair...more will unfold as Broomfield happens. But if you can't wait- go to Colorado. And bring snow gear. You WILL have fun.

Before worrying about snow gear, bring some actual snow first! Boulder got some today so that's cool.

Dude you are right - these shows that are coming up will be unbelievable, so if on the fence there is still time to pull the trigger and get out here! They will tear Colorado up like they always do! The Ogden Theatre will have to replace their roof after Furthur blows it off the place!

Great enthusiasm in your predictions. Can't wait to hear you describe these shows in the past tense.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#237946 1 year, 6 months ago
History is not always an indication of what's in store for the future. Just because there have been spring tours year after year, this
might be the year that changes. Phil has clearly indicated he plans on traveling less.

No spring tour (April) would actually be a good strategy to insure more partake in May or June shows. It would make good sense for the band to strike when the iron is hotter, the weather warmer, and they'd play larger venues to meet the pent up demand, thus yielding a bigger return on the investment that bank rolling a tour entails. This would also help make reality scenarios like multiple nights at a place like Bethel, which several have indicated a desire for, and playing to a larger geographical area in one larger tour.

Unfortunately the desires of those who use this forum are no barometer of how successful the band would be should they load up the trucks and head east. We are but a small minority in terms of the greater audience.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, mr. nobody
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#237947 1 year, 6 months ago
What about the TRI annoucement of a spring east coast run?
I don't think the summer run last year sold out the bigger venues...

However, if there is no announcemnt by the end of the week I am sure there won't be one coming.
stricken
Gold Boarder

#237948 1 year, 6 months ago
This just in from the associated press Furthur to announce a spring run in which they plan a 14 date tour of Europe.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#237979 1 year, 6 months ago
stricken wrote:
This just in from the associated press Furthur to announce a spring run in which they plan a 14 date tour of Europe.

www.facebook.com/FurthurInEurope2013
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#237981 1 year, 6 months ago
^that must be the official source for all future Furthur announcements in Europe....

better keep an eye on it
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#237992 1 year, 6 months ago
wlewis wrote:
stricken wrote:

www.facebook.com/FurthurInEurope2013

One more reason to give thanks and praise to the almighty
Sucker berg. I meant Zuckerberg but my phone did an
auto correct, I swear!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#238032 1 year, 6 months ago
Message from the twilight zone: The last 41 years have all been a dream. It is now February 1972. The Bozos and Bolos are planning a Spring tour in Europe. The bus will travel Furthur. .
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#238113 1 year, 6 months ago
wlewis wrote:
patchmyfurthur wrote:
I'm anxiously awaiting the Bonnaroo announcement Tuesday afternoon!!! If Furthur is announced for Roo, I'm almost positive a May/June run will be announced this week.

Or I have hopes for that scenario, at least.

But even if Phil and Friends are playin Roo, I'm there. Too close to miss anything Dead-related!

i don't think any dead related acts have been to roo since 2006

Ratdog in 07, Phil in 08
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#238141 1 year, 6 months ago
^ must be me then.

no roo since 06.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.67 seconds